TICKET TERMS & CONDITIONS
1/ Proof of age may be required for all ticket types. Please ensure that you have ID with you in case you are asked. Failure to provide such ID may result in you being asked to leave the festival. See below for details on our Challenge 25 policy at Bestival.
2/ Adult and Student Tickets can only be used by persons age 18 or over.
3/ Teen (age 13-17) Tickets can only be purchased by persons over the age of 30.
4/ Child (12 & under) Tickets can only be purchased by persons over the age of 21.
5/ By purchasing a Child (age 12 & under) Ticket or a Teen (age 13-17) Ticket you are confirming that you are either the parent, legal guardian or nominated guardian of the teen or child for whom you are purchasing.
6/ Child and Teen ticket holders can only enter the festival with the person who purchased their ticket i.e. their parent, legal guardian or nominated guardian. Any Teen Ticket holders attempting to enter the festival without this person will be denied entry to the festival. For safety reasons, any persons attempting to enter the festival with a Child Ticket holder that they are not the parent, legal guardian or nominated guardian for will be denied entry.
7/ Nominated Guardians must complete a Non-Legal Guardianship Form and bring this with them to the festival. As with parents and Legal Guardians, the nominated guardian must be over the age of 21 to accompany a Child (age 12 & under) or 30 to accompany a Teen (age 13-17) to the festival and comply with the other rules regarding entry.
8/ Each adult attending can accompany up to a maximum of 2 Teen Ticket holders.
9/ Teen Ticket holders must camp in the same location as their families.
10/ Teen Ticket holders are not allowed in the arena fields unaccompanied after 10pm.
11/ Teen ticket holders must be accompanied by their parent/guardian at all times after 10pm.
12/ Child Ticket holders are not allowed in the arena or campsites unaccompanied at any time.
13/ Entry to the festival with a Student Ticket is only allowed with presentation of valid NUS, ISIC or a University ID at the entry gates. No other student ID accepted.
14/ Prior written permission is needed by Bestival Ltd to use Bestival tickets in any sales promotions, media, marketing, reward programmes, staff incentives, raffles, auctions or general competitions. ‘Bestival’ is a registered trademark; the Bestival logo and any related Bestival artwork cannot be used without written permission of Bestival Ltd.
15/ Tickets are strictly non-refundable.
16/ All adults will be subject to a £10 Eco-Bond payable when tickets are purchased. This litter surcharge is fully refundable when a clear sack of recycling AND a refuse bag full of litter is presented to the litter station in the campsites over the weekend.
17/ Non-camping weekend tickets do not include over night camping and you are not permitted to bring any camping equipment into the festival. You are not permitted to bring any alcohol into the site. Please refer to the Bestival re-entry policy for detailed information on re-entry. You will be subject to searches each time you enter the event.
Re-entry rules for the festival and car parks are in place to respect our neighbours and the local village, please view the rules here.
GENERAL TICKET TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Right of admission reserved (R.O.A.R.)
- Bestival is for nice people and is about having a good time. Anti social behaviour will not be tolerated and you will be ejected without refund.
- No admission without a valid ticket (so don’t lose it)
- No entry to the site after midnight (each night)
- Items not permitted at Bestival: drugs and/or psychoactive substances (illegal or legal), potential weapons of any kind including penknives and cutlery), Chinese lanterns, camping gas canisters above 5kg, generators, portable/chemical toilets in the campsites, beanbags, any glass / glass bottles, drones, laser equipment or laser pens. Please see a full list of prohibited items here.
- Chemical toilets are permitted in the campervan and caravan fields only.
- Large soundsystems are not permitted and you will be asked to leave them outside the event. Small portable speakers such as Minirigs are allowed to be brought into the campsites but please be considerate to your neighbours.
- Ticket holders give their express consent to the use of their actual or simulated likeness in connection with the production, exhibition, advertising and/or exploitation of any photos, film, video and/or audio recording of this event and/or any element thereof in any/all media throughout the world.
- Guests may be searched on entry to the event. If you are in possession of illegal substances you may be arrested.
- You are allowed to bring in a limited amount of alcohol for consumption in the campsites only:
16 × 440ml cans of lager/cider/beer
17 × 250ml cans of premix spirit drinks
3-litre carton/bag/box of wine
7-litres of cider/lager/beer in plastic bottles/cans/bags
Plastic or glass bottles spirits are not allowed. You will be asked to leave excess quantities outside the event. You will NOT be allowed to re-enter the festival site with alcohol once you’ve entered the festival site via the entrance gates.
- Alcohol can be brought into the campsite on first entry only with a Weekend Camping Ticket. For clarification Weekend Non-Camping ticketholders cannot bring alcohol.
- Alcohol cannot be brought into the main arenas from the campsites. There are fully licensed bars available for you.
- You will not be allowed to bring in glass bottles of any kind. Broken glass is dangerous for kids and for animals who will be using the park and fields after the event. Leave all glass in the car, decant it into plastic bottles or bin it. There are no exceptions.
- Please do not climb the flag poles.
- No tents allowed in the Boutique Camping Field.
- Campervans (& Motorhomes) are permitted as long as they fulfil the criteria laid out on the Campervan page.
- Caravans & Trailer Tents are permitted as long as they fulfil the criteria laid out on the Caravans & Trailer Tents page.
- We have a no naked flame policy at the festival and in the campsite. Fires, flares, fireworks etc will extinguished by our festival fire service. HOWEVER, there are fire lanes in the campsites where you’ll be able to go to use small BBQs (please dispose of them in the BBQ bins once completely extinguished), and you are welcome to safely use small camping stoves outside your tent.
- No pet animals are allowed on the festival site other than dogs assisting the visually impaired.
- The promoter reserves the right to change the line up without notification.
- You must have lots of fun, it’s the law.
- Warning: exposure to loud and excessive music may be damaging to your hearing.
- Parents are reminded that some areas of the festival site, especially immediately in front of the stages, are inappropriate for some people including young children. Also please note that some performances may contain language or material that may offend some people.
- Strobe lighting may be used at the festival.
- The Lulworth Estate is a beautiful natural site and we want to keep it that way so please help us by keeping it clean & recycling/composting what you can. Keep Bestival Tidy!
We will be operating and enforcing a strict Challenge 25 policy at Bestival. If you can’t provide valid identification when asked, you will be asked to leave the site and come back with your ID. So if you are lucky enough to look 25 or younger, please make sure that you bring an acceptable form of identification.
Valid forms of ID include:
- An in date photographic driver’s license or provisional licence.
- A valid passport (not a photocopy). Out of date passports will NOT be accepted.
- A Proof of Age Standards Scheme Card (showing the PASS hologram).